What in the hell is going on around here?

What in the hell is going on around here?
Background for the un-initiated:

November 2010 saw Francisco Rivero elected on platform of transparency and reform with the help of an indicted pot grower and a character assassination blog. Not quite our proudest day but not as bad as some other days. Actually the jury is still out on this one so stay tuned.
Francisco didn't like anything or anyone remotely associated with the former Sheriff so he set out wiping the slate clean by changing the deputies uniforms, destroying the Office of Emergency Services, firing volunteer reserves, demoting some officers and promoting others, taking away correctional officers guns and coffee then giving them a cartoon badge, unplugging the kitchen at the Lowerlake substation,alienating every other law enforcement agency in this county and those of neighboring Mendocino, picking fights with local government officials and squabbling with the state and the county over courthouse security which it turned out wasn't his call.

And then things got weird.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ye Old English

Today started off pretty good, aside from being a pretty crappy June morning. Did my usual stuff, got dressed and headed out to do my thing for 'the man' like most days. I did have a bit of a problem finding a matching pair of socks though and felt that overwhelming sense of panic like one of those awful dreams where you show up at school naked with a boner that won't quit and have to give a presentation. I got over the panic by swilling a 40 of Schlitz, I don't usually crack Old English till around noon, hello ladies!
Two more and my nerves were calmed so I just grabbed the top two stockings, what you rubes probably call socks, pulled em on and got behind the wheel of the YO mobile for the drive to my GOB job.
I should have known something wasn't quite right when the radio spooled out some calm voices coming from idiot point one but couldn't change the station because I don't like to take my hands off the wheel while drinking and driving so I was doomed.
Got to work around an hour late like usual and discovered what was to ruin my day.
One of those damn socks had slid down and into my shoe while I was driving. I'd been so preoccupied with being pissed off at the radio show I hadn't noticed that damn slippery sock sneaking into my shoe.
Have you got any idea how hard it is to hop on one foot pulling up a sock when you're half drunk and trying to avoid your boss?
I bet you don't.
Anyway, I'm just so good I managed to make it into my office without falling more than twice. Soon I was responding to the piled up voicemails and emails and getting around to check out how my team was getting on. By the time I'd made a brief check-in and had a smoke that damn sock was in my shoe again and really irritating me. I contemplated going barefoot but all the thinking made me drowsy so I just put the conference call sign on my door, locked it and took a nap.
That nap really did the trick, I didn't wake up till half past five  so all I had left to do was go home and figure out what to do with the sock.
Driving home I let my mind wander hoping I'd either figure out what to do with the sock or wreck the YO mobile so I could take some vacation when I realized the radio was still on idiot point one and it hit me.
Sock puppet theatre!
Now  where did I leave those Old English?

Coming soon to a blog near you - Sock Puppet Theatre!

You think politics stink you've never whiffed my sock puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment