What in the hell is going on around here?

What in the hell is going on around here?
Background for the un-initiated:

November 2010 saw Francisco Rivero elected on platform of transparency and reform with the help of an indicted pot grower and a character assassination blog. Not quite our proudest day but not as bad as some other days. Actually the jury is still out on this one so stay tuned.
Francisco didn't like anything or anyone remotely associated with the former Sheriff so he set out wiping the slate clean by changing the deputies uniforms, destroying the Office of Emergency Services, firing volunteer reserves, demoting some officers and promoting others, taking away correctional officers guns and coffee then giving them a cartoon badge, unplugging the kitchen at the Lowerlake substation,alienating every other law enforcement agency in this county and those of neighboring Mendocino, picking fights with local government officials and squabbling with the state and the county over courthouse security which it turned out wasn't his call.

And then things got weird.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sum quoque Donec enim negotium

Some people never learn. Like me, I sometimes do the same doggone thing over and over again and never learn how to quit wasting my time with it. Like Dishes for instance. If I could really learn I'd probably get some paper plates or some of those cool biodegradable eatin' deals I could just toss in the back yard like my neighbors do.

Actio ante protocollo
Unlike yours truly, francis seems to have gained an appetite for education though.

At least I learned to quit going to school after I was old enough to buy beer and hit the strip bars when I was around fifteen.

Word is francis is over studying to be a liar since he's just isn't so good at it without some formal law school education stuff.

So francis packed up his favorite Sponge Bob lunch box with some nifty snacks and scooted along to class. He can get lots of snacks since his GOB job pays a boatload more than mine does and he doesn't even have to go to work to collect it.

I show up an hour or two late four or five times in a week and my boss starts to behave like I don't deserve my job or something.

Kinda feel bad for the guy having to drive all the way down to Santa Rosa four times a week but I guess the county probably pays for the gas so that's good.

I suppose.

Thing is francis has so much use for legal opinions he's decided to learn what those really are. Besides, he gets to hang out with some smart folks they probably have all kinds of interesting conversations that he'd really like to understand. Maybe some smarts will rub off on him after a while.

Time will tell.

Opus calidum legalis consilio, infantem?
On the other hand that place is probably chock full of hot lawyer gals he can brush up against and cop a feel.

That's probably it.

At least that's about the only reason I'd go to law school anyway. The rest of that lawyer crap is dull as hell and they make you remember so much stupid shit. And who cares about latin besides that goofy dork from that movie anyway?

The only latin I know is Vicecomes superfluum carnis and I don't have a clue what that means. Sure glad I'm not a lawyer since the only place latin comes in handy is in a courtroom and south of the border.


Could be he's got wind that he's gonna be spending some time in a courtroom and just wants to know the language so he doesn't make an ass of himself like usual.

That would be a welcome relief for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment